Monday, January 29, 2007

It's My Life

I was recently talking to a new, good friend of mine at the beginning of the year. We were discussing our lives: what we had been through and what were hoping for. I told her that I felt like my life had been on pause. She then asked me something that haunted me--why did I feel that way? I realized that I was in control of my life and it was up to me to unpause it, so I have ! My only resolution this year is to live life to the fullest.

So the same week that we had that conversation, I decided to finally do something that I have dreamed about for a long time: write a movie. I know, it sounds crazy and many of you will think it will never happen. Or if it does happen, it won't be any good. I know this b/c part of me feels the exact same way.

This weekend I was thinking of all the reasons that I have to be happy, and all of the reasons that I have to be depressed. I came to the conclusion that in reality, it's ultimately up to me! So I choose to be happy, and I choose to work on this script.

So hopefully, you are wondering what it's about, right? Well, all I will say for now is that its going to be a true story about how the CIA was involved in the crack cocaine epidemic of the 80's.

Thanks to everyone who will support me, and to everyone else...I am going to be myself regardless ! And to my friend, thank you for inspiring me, not only by our conversations, but by living it by jumping out of a plane !

No comments: