Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Dallas Peace Center

So last night was one of those events that I will probably always remember: I went to my first ever war protest meeting. I was on myspace last month, and came across a random comment on a random profile. Which in turn led me to a new website, Dallas Rally. I had just missed the February protest they had organized, and was bummed out. That is, until I discovered they were organizing another, bigger one for March 19th.

Last night was the planning meeting for this upcoming march/rally. I met a bunch of really cool people. Most of who were from Dallas Peace Center. They have been around since the 80's, but I had no idea! So glad that I met so many great people last night, and found out about their organization. PS--more details on the march coming soon. Our route will take us right to where the new Bush Presidential library will be !

1 comment:

TJ said...

Hey Benjy!

I Google'd your name and found your new blog. I'm going to add you to my blogroll (I use wordpress).

Whew - man, you have gone through a lot of change over the years, but haven't we all! Even though I can't quite agree with some of what you say, I'm going to check back often. You have some interesting reading here. And, hey, even though you won't quite agree with half of what I say on mine, stop into my blog and feel free to comment any time.

Stay in touch will you?