Thursday, July 31, 2008

What's in a Name?



Wow. I was bored at work like usual and browsing Digg. Came across a link which led to another which led to...you know the game. Check this out, yet another great example of corporate America.

A family was trying to upgrade from AT&T dial up to Verizon DSL. They were refused service by Verizon b/c of their last name: Libshitz. No Shit!

This is how the doctor remembers it:



"We called their help line, and got a wonderful young man in the Philippines who told us:

'We can't install it because your name has - in it.'

"These people have no trouble putting me in their phone book. They send me mail with that name, they send me a bill routinely, and they cash my checks with Libshitz on it.


http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/26089374.html

No comments: