Monday, April 2, 2007

Just Give Up!

So I am getting ready to turn 32. And over the past several months, one thing that I have been learning is the importance of just giving up. Here's what I mean: so often I find myself trying really hard to make something happen, whether it's a job, a goal or a relationship. And ususally it seems like the harder that I try, whatever I am trying seems to allude me even longer. Yet if I don't stress out, don't give into fear and if I just go with the flow, things have a way of working themselves out.

For example, I was recently laid off. My initial reaction was normal: fear. I totally didn't give in, and now I am making more money and my company is way more cool! And then today, I was having lunch with a really good friend. All of a sudden, another good friend of ours just randomly comes in. I had been trying for over a year to get the 3 of us together, and it never worked out. So today I am not even trying, and it just happens! It was the first time in 5 years the 3 of us were able to hang out together.

So my advise: have goals and work out to make them a reality, but don't give into fear and stress--go with it !!!

No comments: